- Harvard University, BA ‘80, Engineering
- MIT Sloan School of Management, MS ‘94, Sloan Fellow
- Viisage Technologies, Senior Vice President & CFO, 2003 - 2005
- SensAble Technologies, President & Director, 1996 - 2002
- Cambridge Decision Dynamics, Co-Founder, President, and Director, 1995 - 1996
- International Business Machines, Various Executive and Management Positions, 1981 - 1993
Kauffman Foundation, February 9, 2012
MIT Energy Finance Forum, November 18, 2011
Escuela Andaluza, D. Economia, April 12, 2010
Going Green Keynote, March 10, 2010
Energy Innovation at MIT
February 17, 2010
MIT Energy Club: Future of Energy Panel Session
March 19, 2009
Interview on Entrepreneurship & Future of Clean Energy by Peter Zak
MIT Enterprise Forum, January 17, 2009
- 15.390 - New Enterprises
- 10.95/15.366 - Energy Ventures
- ES.558 (SIP) - Entrepreneur's Guide to Raising Money (October 19th, 2010)
- SIP - Challenges in Leading Entrepreneurial Ventures - and Solutions (October 21, 2010)
Executive Education Programs:
- Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) - One week intensive skill building cours with top MIT faculty for entrepreneurs or experienced business people who want to become entrepreneurs. By application only.
- Creating Clean Energy Ventures (CCEV) Program – Four day intensive skill building course focuses specifically on the challenges of clean energy venture creation. For entrepreneurs, investors, corporate business development personnel who want to develop evaluative and venture creation capabilities in this particularly challenging sector.
- Aulet, Bill and Murray, Fiona. “10 Steps to Improve Entrepreneurship Education.” Huffington Post 18 October 2010, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/william-aulet/10-ways-our-schools-can-b_b_766477.html OR Click here to view the article in its entirety on Slide Share
Innovation in Large Companies
- Aulet, Bill, Santos, Ricardo dos, Poulsen, Stig, Wagner, William R. “Harnessing the Power of Proven Entrepreneurial Techniques to Drive Innovation in a Large Company.” MIT Entrepreneurship Review 20 August 2010, http://miter.mit.edu/article/driving-innovation-large-corporations-i-challenges-faced-large-corporations OR Click here for the article on Slide Share
- Aulet, Bill, and Murray, Fiona. "A Tale of Two Entrepreneurs: Understanding Differences in the Types of Entrepreneurship in the Economy". October 2012. http://entrepreneurship.mit.edu/sites/default/files/AuletMurray_IDEvSME.pdf
- Aulet, Bill. "Does an Innovation Ecosystem Need an 'MIT' or Will Evita Perons Do?: A Romanian Tale." March 2011, http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2011/03/03/does-an-innovation-ecosystem-need-an-mit-or-will-evita-perons-do-a-romanian-tale/
- Dwortzan, Mark. "Clusters of Excellence: How to Build a Robust Regional Innovation Ecosystem.” MIT Technology Insider 7 April 2009, http://ilp.mit.edu/newsstory.jsp?id=9559 OR Click here for the entire article on SlideShare
- Aulet, Bill. “How to Build a Successful Innovation Ecosystem.” Xconomy 14 October 2008, http://www.xconomy.com/national/2008/10/14/how-to-build-a-successful-innovation-ecosystem-educate-network-and-celebrate/
- Aulet, Bill. “Route 128 vs. Silicon Valley? Stop the Noize!” Xconomy 14 January 2010, http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2010/01/14/route-128-vs-silicon-valley-stop-the-noize/
Clean Energy Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Aulet, Bill. “What’s Wrong with Energy Investing – Part I.” Xconomy 6 August 2007, http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2007/08/06/whats-wrong-with-energy-investing-part-i/ OR Click here for the entire article on SlideShare
- Aulet, Bill. “What’s Wrong with Energy Investing – Part II.” Xconomy 15 October 2007, http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2007/10/15/whats-wrong-with-energy-investing-part-ii/ OR Click here for the entire article on SlideShare
- Aulet, Bill. “The Next Big Thing in Energy Innovation: Water.” Xconomy 20 May 2008, http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2008/05/20/the-next-big-thing-in-energy-innovation-and-investing-lets-talk-water/
On Entrepreneurship in General
- Johnston, Susan. "Harvard grads turn gym business model on its head; fitness plan members pay more if they don’t work out." Boston Globe, January 2011, http://www.boston.com/yourtown/cambridge/articles/2011/01/24/gym_pact_bases_fees_on_members_ability_to_stick_to_their_workout_schedule/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+Today's+paper+A+to+Z
- Denison, D.C. "Super Angels," Boston Globe, January 2011, http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2011/01/23/investing_where_others_wont/?page=1 - also at http://us.cisionpoint.com/GetFilePassThrough.aspx?locator=4-2A672C9C61-1BBBA0-
- Lohr, Steve. “Some Business Skills to Go with the Passion.” The New York Times 25 August 2010, http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/education/26ENTREPRENEUR.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&sq=entrepreneurship%20education&st=cse&scp=1
- Bluestein, Adam, Barrett, Amy. “Entrepreneurship Education for All: Why it’s time to take entrepreneurship training out of business schools.” Inc. Magazine 1 July 2010, http://www.inc.com/magazine/20100701/entrepreneurship-education-beyond-business-schools.html
On Topic of Value of Prizes
- Gavin, Robert. “More than the Money.” The Boston Globe 16 May 2010, http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2010/05/16/more_than_the_money/?page=2
On Topic of Entrepreneurs’ Walk of Fame
- Becker, Deborah. “MIT Educator Seeks Stars for Local Entrepreneurs.” WBUR.org (NPR) 23 August 2010, http://www.wbur.org/2010/08/23/walk-of-fame
- Lynch, Brendan. "Professor eyes business walk of fame in Cambridge." Boston Herald 24 August 2010, http://bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1276608&position=1
- Rice, Justin. "Geeks Deserve our Hero Worship, too." Boston Metro 27 August 2010, http://www.readmetro.com/show/en/Boston/20100827/1/2/
- Thurston, Ryan. "Startup-Hungry MIT MBAs Sleepless in Seattle?" Xconomy January 2011, http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2011/01/25/are-startup-hungry-mit-mbas-sleepless-in-seattle/?single_page=true
- Buderi, Robert. "Kendall Square Wants an Entrepreneurial Walk of Fame—and So Should Every Innovation Hub." Xconomy 11 August 2010, http://www.xconomy.com/national/2010/08/11/kendall-square-wants-an-entrepreneurial-walk-of-fame-and-so-should-every-innovation-hub/
- Buderi, Robert. "Entrepreneurial Walk of Fame Idea Resonates—Although A Few Potential Cracks Have Surfaced in the Pavement." Xconomy 23 August 2010, http://www.xconomy.com/national/2010/08/23/entrepreneurial-walk-of-fame-idea-resonates-but-a-few-potential-cracks-have-surfaced-in-the-pavement/
- Farrell, Maureen. "How Justin Timberlake Could Bring Sexy Back to Silicon Valley." Forbes 27 August 2010, http://blogs.forbes.com/maureenfarrell/2010/08/27/how-justin-timberlake-could-bring-sexy-back-to-silicon-valley/
- Moore, Galen. "Seeing Stars," Boston Business Journal 1 October 2010. http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2010/10/04/story1.html
On Topic of Spirit of Entrepreneurship (Spain)
- Gonzalez de Vega, Berta. “Conversations in Andalucia: William Aulet, Managing Director, MIT Entrepreneurship Center, came to Sevilla this week to participate in a seminar within the Excellence in Education series at the Andalusian Schooll of Economics.” El Mundo - Andalucia 18 April 2010, http://entrepreneurship.mit.edu/sites/default/files/images/el-mundo-conversaciones.pdf
- Monago, T. "Andalucia is seen as a place to live, not as an engine for innovation." Diaro de Sevilla 17 April 2010, http://www.europasur.es/article/economia/679736/quotandalucia/es/vista/como/lugar/para/vivir/no/como/motor/la/innovacionquot.html
- "William Aulet, Managing Director of the MIT Entrepreneurship Center, points out that the existence of a culture which is committed to innovation is key to entrepreneurship." Communications Office of the Andalusian School of Economics 11 April 2010, http://www.escuelaandaluzadeeconomia.es/comunicacion/2010/04/william-aulet-director-del-centro-de-emprendedores-del-instituto-tecnologico-de-massachusetts-mit-senala-la-existencia-de-una-cultura-que-apueste-decididamente-por-la-innovacion-como-clave-para-el/
- Monago, T. "The Theory of the Bullfighter's Spirit." Diario de Sevilla 12 April 2010, http://www.diariodesevilla.es/article/economia/676488/la/teoria/espiritu/torero.html
- Berenstein, Marcelo. "The Theory of the Bullfighter's Spirit" Emprendadores.News 17 April 2010, http://www.emprendedoresnews.com/emprendedores/mit-la-teoria-del-espiritu-torero.html
On Topic of Cape Wind
- Fitzgerald, Jay. "Could be a Cape Wind-fall," Boston Herald 13 June 2010. http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1261217&srvc=rss or http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4207804
On Topic of Announcement into Job
- MIT Sloan web site – “William Aulet appointed Managing Director of MIT Entrepreneurship Center,” March 19, 2010. http://mitsloan.mit.edu/newsroom/2010-aulet.php
Still the classic overview of what makes high tech marketing different . Read Chapter 2 for summary of Crossing the Chasm. A must read for all innovation-based entrepreneurs.
Another very important framework for entrepreneurs to have in their toolbox. Helpful methodology to achieve differentiation for your new offering as an entrepreneur.
Very practical and timely way to think about how to leverage the new world order for entrepreneurs where social media can be a real value creator.
A very thought provoking case study of how entrepreneurship came to flourish in one region and what lessons can be learned.
While the author is not a social scientist but rather a journalist and some of his work I find off base, this book is extremely thought provoking and shines the light on the importance of windows of opportunity.
A very current and intellectually honest look at the very mixed track record of promoting entrepreneurship and how a new approach is needed.
A book I am reading now and I have high hopes for so I am taking some risk. AS the underdog with less resources, credibility and time, it is critical that entrepreneurs are effective at communicating and telling stories is the best way possible.
The first book I ever read on the topic and what really got me started. Still a classic all these years later.
Where I learned my business fundamentals and the importance of values and culture. A brilliant business leader with an ability to take risks to create a great company.
The great coach’s pyramid of success is not really a book but a framework that I learned early in life from basketball and it has been something that has stayed with me and proven to provide excellence lateral guidance when I look for answers in entrepreneurship as well. There are remarkable similarities between basketball and entrepreneurship.
This book is a must-read for understanding buyer behavior. Don't price your products until you read this book!