MIT Global Founders’ Skills Accelerator
Deadline: Sunday, April 6, 2014
"Last Chance" Info Sessions Wed 4/2 6pm and Fri 4/4 12pm -- RSVP here
Apply Now, or read the FAQ, Submission Guidelines, and Example Milestones
Meet milestones on your startup idea this summer, and get up to $20K in return! It's all part of MIT's summer program for student entrepreneurs, the MIT Global Founders' Skills Accelerator (GFSA).
- Teams set milestones at the beginning of the summer, and can be awarded up to $20,000 for meeting the milestones.
- An advisory board (a simulated board of directors) for each team meets monthly to make sure teams are on track.
- A specialized educational program and a network of mentors work to keep teams moving forward.
- $1,500/month fellowships for eligible MIT students (for living expenses).
The MIT GFSA is an initiative of all of MIT's schools and colleges, and is overseen by the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship.
Last Year's Participants
- Click here to watch the Demo Day 2013 presentations!
- 6sensorLabs (www.6sensorlabs.com) -- 6sensorLabs builds products and networks that enable people with food allergies to trust their food. The company's first product is focused on gluten detection.
- ALPrint (www.alprint.co.uk) -- ALPrint's 3D printer and scanner allows ski shops to provide their customers with fully customized insoles for their ski boots.
- AvaTech (www.avatechsafety.com) -- AvaTech develops state-of-the-art, proactive avalanche safety devices that help backcountry adventurers and professionals avoid life-threatening slides.
- Darfoo -- Darfoo creates applications to help China's elderly population simplify the user experience on their smartphone.
- Grove -- Grove is on a mission to distribute agriculture by developing technologies that enable people to grow fresh fruits and vegetables year-round in their home. The company's first product is a remote monitoring system for hydroponic and aquaponic grow systems.
- ImSlide -- ImSlide offers an effective and reliable way to de-ice power lines, allowing secure energy transmission to occur during severe weather conditions.
- lallitara (www.lallitara.com) -- lallitara creates one-of-a-kind, eco-friendly products by upcycling reclaimed materials sourced from around the world.
- NarwhalEdu (www.narwhaledu.com) -- NarwhalEdu is combining online curricula with hands-on engineering projects, fully kitted, to help high school and college students discover the creativity and coolness of engineering.
- NVBots (www.nvbots.com) -- NVBots offers a simple 3D printing experience and educational content enabling students to safely 3D print 24/7 from any device.
- SomaTech (www.somatech.com.tr) -- SomaTech is helping companies control their social media presence. The company's first product is a "social intelligence engine" that presents data in a more meaningful way.
- task36 (www.task36.com) -- task36 develops smart software that helps hardware companies complete their tasks and projects more efficiently.
- Thyme Labs (www.thymelabs.com) -- Thyme Labs produces personal productivity and analytic tools that help you make time for the things that matter.
- Uniiv (www.uniiv.com) -- Uniiv creates software to help students manage their university education. The company's first product is an intelligent course management web application for students to track and plan their degree.
If you are a non-U.S. university interested in sending a team to the program in a future year, please email email@example.com.