MIT fuse is the Trust Center’s entrepreneurial program taking place every January during Independent Activities Period (IAP).
The next session of MIT fuse will take place in January 2018.
MIT fuse (formerly known as StartIAP) is a 3 1/2-week hands-on startup experience designed for students and small teams looking to work, think, and talk like an entrepreneur and start the path towards becoming a company. The program is:
- customized to your needs
- workshops NOT lectures
- hard work NOT homework
- a chance to see whether or not you like the startup and entrepreneurship lifestyle
- a place to learn tactics that are useful today and valuable beyond startup life
During IAP, the MIT fuse cohort of teams all but takes over the entire Martin Trust Center. You’ll have significant time devoted to mentorship from our Entrepreneurs in Residence and learn from founders who are six to eighteen months “ahead” of you. MIT fuse will focus on:
- storytelling and pitching
- primary market research (PMR)
- digital marketing
- prototyping without coding
- UX and testing
- PLUS learning how to work with your co-founders
Who are we looking for to join us at MIT fuse?
- MIT founders and teams with new ideas in any industry … Let’s do this!
- Experienced teams who want sophisticated mentorship
- Students who have taken classes such as 15.390, 6.399, E-ventures, etc. (NOT a pre-requisite, just a for example)
- Committed founders that are current MIT students
- Teams may have non-MIT founders, but must have at least one MIT student as a founder
- Solo founders may apply but have a decreased likelihood of acceptance into MIT fuse
Come back later in the Fall 2017 semester for a complete rundown of the application and program timeline for MIT fuse 2018.
For comparison’s sake, below is the timeline from last fall and winter.
Wed. November 9
- you will need to shoot a 60-second video as part of your application that will need to be uploaded to a video platform such as YouTube or Vimeo
- you can not save and come back to our application so please scroll through the application then collect all required information for each team member before you complete the form.
Fri. December 2 – Applications close at 12 noon
Thurs. December 8 – Accepted and Waitlist teams contacted
Mon. December 12 – Accepted teams must confirm participation by 12 noon
Mon. January 9 – MIT fuse begins (detailed schedule coming soon)
Wed. February 1 – Final day of program