StartIAP 2016 applications are now open! Application deadline is December 9, 2015 @11:59pm. Apply now!
Entrepreneurial Impact: The Role of MIT
Professor Edward Roberts, the founder and chair of the Martin Trust Center, and Charles Easley estimate that at the end of 2006, there were 25,600 active companies founded by living MIT alumni, employing 3.3 million people and generating annual world revenues of nearly $2 trillion. This group of companies, if its own nation, would be the 11th largest economy in the world. Learn more about the impact of MIT entrepreneurship by reading Professor Ed Roberts's report, Entrepreneurial Impact: The Role of MIT
Programs and services at the Trust Center
- STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES: Our space in E40-160, in the heart of Kendall Square, offers collaborative workspace, meeting rooms, IdeaPaint walls, a videoconference system and Protoworks - a makerspace where MIT students can build physical prototypes. From coffee and snacks to hardware and server space, we have the resources you need to "get stuff done."
- ACADEMICS: Ranging from introductory to advanced, MIT offers over 50 entrepreneurship courses open to undergraduates and graduate students from MIT's five schools - School of Engineering, School of Science, Sloan School of Management, School of Architecture and Planning, School of Humanities, Arts and Social Science - and Whitaker College.
- ADVISING: Our advising network, spanning our full-time Entrepreneurs in Residence as well as a broader network of professional advisors, provides students with advice about entrepreneurship and startups.
- STARTUP RESOURCES AND PROGRAMS: MIT offers a wealth of resources for students interested in starting companies, including student clubs, competitions, prizes, programs and more.
- EVENTS: Speaker Series', Roundtable sessions, MIT $100K competition, t=0 and more allow students to broaden their network and explore their individual entrepreneurial paths.
- ACCELERATOR: The MIT Global Founders' Skills Accelerator (MIT GFSA) is the premier university student accelerator in the world. It offers a capstone educational opportunity for students.
Learn more about the Martin Trust Center: Read our annual report