Rivet is a direct-to-fan community management platform that enables creators to engage, reward, and monetize their fanbases directly. Rivet empowers creators with full ownership over their communities via first-party data, in line with the company’s vision to create the world’s most creator-first platform.
The company is made up of a passionate team of MIT alumni working rapidly to alter the landscape of community engagement in the creative space. In the last several months, Rivet has:
This incredible community of creators has used the Rivet platform for exclusive album releases, large-scale music efforts in collaboration with fans, and more. Check some of them out! @ivysole @jinmiabduls @3vancito
Rivet has 3 open internships, but will only be hiring for 1 of these roles based on the candidates available.
Please select accordingly on the application form.
Front End Developer – Virtual / Company HQ – Somerville, MA
Rivet is currently hiring a frontend developer to help expand the platform’s features. You’ll be developing and maintaining mobile-optimized creator and fan interfaces and leveraging your understanding of design and your detail-oriented approach to make the Rivet design team’s ideas come to life. You’ll work closely with the founders everyday and be a part of key platform decisions.
Back End Developer – Virtual / Company HQ – Somerville, MA
We’re currently hiring backend developers to help us build and scale the Rivet platform. You’ll help to modify infrastructure that supports new features and increased platform activity and data generation, and you’ll help Rivet expand platform security to protect creator and fan data. You’ll also help explore ways to evolve the Rivet platform, such as Web3 applications.
Developers: Required / Desired Skills
- Working knowledge of React, Vue, or other VDOM-based frontend frameworks.
- Comfortable with “pull-request” driven development with strong testing & integration practices.
- Knowledge of traditional SQL-backed REST API architecture, as well as best practices for security and authentication.
- Experience with container-based packaging and deployment workflows (Docker).
- Nice to have: experience with cloud infrastructure codification tooling (Terraform), experience in the (independent) music industry.
Marketing – Virtual / Company HQ – Somerville, MA
Rivet is also looking for a superstar marketing intern! You’ll play a key role in defining the company’s brand voice and developing and executing a content marketing plan across multiple channels to help build awareness. You’ll help to share Rivet’s story and the stories of the artists and creators hosted on the platform. As part of an early-stage team, you’ll be involved in long-term strategy as well as tactical day-to-day execution of growth strategies. This is an incredible opportunity to help an early-stage, mission-driven company grow!
Required / Desired Skills
- Experience in content management, content marketing, and copywriting.
- Experience working across a wide variety of marketing channels including social media, influencer marketing, email, advertising, and content within a startup environment with limited resources.
- Data-driven and analytical with ability to measure, test, and report on social strategies and campaigns using analytical tools.
- Deadline-driven; you can move fast to create high-quality content in an evolving environment.
- Articulate and organized storyteller in written and video format. Able to break down complex concepts and explain them simply.
- Proficient working with and giving direction to designers.
- Nice to have: experience with SEO, keyword research, Google Analytics, experience in the (independent) music industry.
Rivet just wrapped up Techstars Boston and the company is excited to hit its next set of milestones!!
Rivet is an ambitious and bold team and is looking for more people like that to join them! The company is dedicated to operating like a world championship team and progressing with persistence, limitless vision, and confidence in themselves and the platform.
Rivet values people who embrace uncertainty and take initiative in spite of it, and it cares about the team learning and moving faster every day. Most importantly, Rivet believes that everyone brings creativity, unique experiences, and ideas to the team, and with that comes the excitement to leverage that magic to create an incredible experience for Rivet users.
Check out Rivet’s MIT delta v Demo Day video.