Spatio Metrics is creating a future in which every building makes us healthier. With human wellbeing at the company’s core, Spatio Metrics’ design analytics help architects analyze floor plans and bridge the gap between design, data, and human performance. By automatically calculating research-backed metrics for any floor plan, the company’s platform is 10x faster than today’s manual methods, requires less input than existing tools, and uses visualizations to shorten feedback loops in the design process.
Internship – Virtual / Company HQ – Cambridge, MA
Spatio Metrics is looking for a team member to help build its interactive web app.
- This is an opportunity to work with an early stage startup and see your code get quickly into customers’ hands.
- Working directly with the co-founder/CTO, you’ll:
- Build features for Spatio’s web app.
- You’ll write, deploy, and maintain frontend and backend code for a customizable data visualization dashboard.
- Define and iterate data architecture and pipelines.
- You’ll build geometry processing pipelines that extract, store, analyze, and visualize geometric data.
- Build reusable components and frontend libraries for future use.
- You’ll write and test components that make it easy for the Spatio team to quickly build and iterate new features.
Required / Desired Skills
- Experience reading and writing data from databases like SQL, NoSQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented, balancing testing out cool new technologies with craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Flexible team player — you’ll be a core member of a small team!
- Curiosity, staying up to date with the latest developments and willing to learn new technologies.
- Bonus points for experience in interactive data visualization libraries like d3 and three.js, data science, ML, C#, Grasshopper, Revit API, simulation, computer vision, Docker, Firebase, and/or geometry processing libraries.
Learn more about Spatio Metrics on their website.