Adaviv is helping to solve agriculture’s biggest challenge: consistent quality and volume in the face of crop losses, labor shortages, and rising input costs. To solve these pains, CEA growers need a Lean Cultivation platform designed to capture and actuate on plant data. Adaviv has built this platform.
Adaviv uses plant-level intelligence to improve the profitability and sustainability of controlled-environment farms and high-value crops. Spun-off from MIT, Adaviv’s patented technology replicates the eyes and brains of the best growers in the industry into their machine vision, workflow, and automation technology to optimize plant health and crop quality, improve SOPs, and optimize labor, driving higher revenue and wider margins for their growers.
Commercializing initially in the cannabis market, Adaviv is now experiencing a strong pull into additional crops and geographies, and seeking the right partners to help drive that growth and capture the massive market opportunity.
Internship – In-person / Company HQ – Somerville, MA
Adaviv has multiple potential roles available and will hire depending on intern experience and field of study:
- Business Insights – help unlock value and insights from farm data to make easier the jobs to be done for growers and managers. This position will drive the company’s growth by providing insights and recommendations based on data analysis (SQL, Excel, Python).
- Computer Vision – support the CV engineering team to optimize the CV pipeline, tune DL models, and run validation/accuracy testing. Help develop feature-based metrics for tracking plant growth.
- Marketing and Social Media – support the marketing strategy by developing and executing Adaviv’s content marketing strategy, improve marketing and sales SOPs like qualified lead generation and engagement, and engage with the audience on social media.
- UI/UX and Web Design – help support the designing, prototyping, and analyzing of user interfaces for beta and production-level software and/or help redesign and update the company website with new content and enhance customer-focused UX.
Required / Desired Skills
- Experience with SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI; advanced SQL query abilities valued.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to manage and execute project plans.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or R is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including Python, C/C++, Java, or MATLAB.
- Experience engineering deep learning model architectures and parameterization, computer vision and CNNs, including familiarity with Tensor Flow and cloud ML pipelines such as AWS Sagemaker.
- Experience performing statistical analyses and building data visualizations.
Marketing and Social Media:
- Familiarity using social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter to generate content and review engagement analytics.
- Familiarity and experience with social media content management platforms like Hootsuite or HeyOrca is a plus.
- Strong written (especially with social media copywriting) and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently as well as collaborating in a team environment.
UI/UX and Web Design:
- Hands-on experience developing journeys, wireframes, and user flows.
- Strong proficiency with design, wire-framing, and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Balsamiq/Visio or InVision/Proto.io, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrable understanding of agile software development and iterative prototyping.
- Understand layout, color, and typography skills with a fanatical attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and experience owning projects and collaborating with a diverse mix of managers, engineers, experts, and stakeholders.
Similar open roles at Adaviv are posted here: https://adaviv.recruitee.com/