The NYC Startup Studio is the program for the MIT delta v accelerator based in Manhattan.
The program is run in parallel with the Trust Center-based accelerator, but is geared for teams and ventures interested in being exposed to and taking advantage of New York City’s unique entrepreneurial community.
Student startup teams work on their businesses full-time from June to the end of August, receiving a rigorous educational and mentorship-based accelerator experience.
New York was selected as the first beachhead to expand MIT delta v because of its vibrant community of specific industries such as FinTech, real estate, fashion tech, enterprise tech, media & advertising, and publishing just to name a few. Led by NYC Managing Director Carly Chase, teams have access to New York-based industry leaders and mentors and the prospect to be fully immersed in the city’s entrepreneurial and technology communities, including off-site visits and events to venture capital firms, companies, and relevant meet-ups to opportunities to listen and learn from inspiring speakers on startup topics. In addition, Bill Aulet and the Trust Center Entrepreneurs-in-Residence regularly visit during the summer.
MIT NYC Startup Studio Logistics
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 through the end of August
- MIT student led startups focused in the industry verticals NYC leads in including: FinTech, Real Estate Tech, Fashion Tech, Creative Arts, Media, AdTech
- Equity-free program
- Free, prime office space in New York City
- Resources including 1-on-1 mentors, mock board of directors, speakers series, skill based experts
- Cohort of peers
- $2,000 monthly fellowships for current MIT students
- Teams are eligible to earn up to $20,000 in equity-free funding
- Full immersion into the NYC ecosystem
Why New York City?
- Access to startup ecosystems NYC leads in, including: FinTech, Real Estate Tech, Fashion Tech, Creative Arts, Ad Tech, Media
- Robust corporate ecosystem; home to more Fortune 500 companies than any other U.S. city (e.g., JPMorgan Chase, American Express, Time Warner, Viacom, Ralph Lauren)
- Support of MIT alumni (10,000+) in the NYC area
- Second largest VC market in the US
The infographic below represents the student entrepreneurs and teams that were accepted into the MIT delta v program in Cambridge and New York City that will be taking part in the program this summer.