YOUR ON-RAMP TO THE ENTREPRENEURIAL WORLD @MIT
6.906 (U) / 6.936 (G) | 6 Units | P/D/F
Info Sessions for MIT fuse and StartMIT
Tuesday October 27, 1:00pm Eastern
Wednesday October 28, 2:30pm Eastern
Monday November 9, 12:30pm Eastern
Sign up for one of our Zoom info sessions and learn all about MIT fuse and StartMIT. Have all your questions answered, learn what makes for a strong application, and much more.
What is StartMIT?
For students who are interested in exploring entrepreneurship and are looking for an entry point at MIT, StartMIT is a 2-½ week program held during January’s Independent Activities Period (IAP) that provides:
- an opportunity to hear from a broad range of speakers from MIT’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and beyond,
- the chance to meet peers,
- the ability to apply what you’re learning in real time, and
- an opportunity to form teams and work on entrepreneurial ideas you are passionate about with the support of MIT Entrepreneurs in Residence.
If you are someone who has been looking to get started on an idea that’s been ruminating, explore the commercialization of a technology that you’ve been working on in the lab, or simply better understand what forming a new venture looks and feels like, StartMIT is right for you.
The 2021 program will be held virtually from Tuesday, January 5 – Thursday, January 21.
Applications are due Sunday, November 22nd at 11:59pm EST.
Teams/students will be notified of their acceptance status by Tuesday, December 1st and will need to confirm their participation by Tuesday, December 8th.
Testimonials from 2020 StartMIT participants
“StartMIT is a great opportunity to get rid of the inertia that holds you back from starting a start-up!”
“StartMIT gave me a holistic view on entrepreneurship and made me think about potential business ideas. Every speaker and organizer was down to earth and enthusiastic about entrepreneurship. It was really nice to see such people and interact with them closely.”
“A fantastic crash-course on real-world entrepreneurship led by a multitude of diverse entrepreneurial experts and practitioners.”
“A rapid fire how-to intro to eship.”
Who is StartMIT for?
StartMIT is open to any student on campus (including post-docs) who is looking to gain more exposure to entrepreneurship in a peer environment. The main activities of StartMIT will be:
- Networking with your peers
- Listening to our Entrepreneur Speaker Series
- Doing independent exercises to apply what you’ve learned
- Working with small groups on your entrepreneurial ideas
- 1:1 support w/ MIT Entrepreneurs in Residence
Typical Day in Virtual StartMIT 2021:
- 9:30 – 10:00: Networking
- 10:00 – 10:30: Class Forum
- 10:30 – 11:10: Speaker
- 11:10 – 11:20: Break
- 11:20 – 12:00: Speaker
- 12:00 – 12:15: Class Forum
- 12:15 – 1:00: Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 2:00: Independent Activity
- 2:00 – 2:30: Recap of the day
- 2:30 – 3:30: Working with your team