YOUR ON-RAMP TO THE ENTREPRENEURIAL WORLD @MIT
6.906 (U) / 6.936 (G) | 6 Units | P/D/F
Who is eligible to participate in StartMIT?
Any current student who is curious about entrepreneurship looking for an introduction to the skillset and spirit it requires. This is inclusive of undergraduate students, graduate students, and post-docs.
Can I apply if I am not currently enrolled at MIT?
Yes. We will consider non-MIT students from surrounding area schools such as Wellesley, Harvard, and Northeastern if space permits.
Do I have to have a startup idea to participate?
Absolutely not! This is meant for anyone that is curious to learn more about entrepreneurship in general. Whether you are just curious or have an idea and are ready to go, this course will allow further exploration. Students will be required to form teams during StartMIT for the purpose of the program and class.
What are the logistics of StartMIT?
- StartMIT is a course that takes place during IAP, every weekday (except for January 18, which is an observed holiday) from January 5 – 21, 2021.
- The class will be held virtually from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm Eastern time.
- Students may choose whether to take this course for credit or not for credit.
Can I take this course for credit?
Yes, but that is not required.
Do I have to attend all of StartMIT if I choose the “not for credit” option?
Yes, we strongly encourage all participants to commit to the course full-time as that’s how you will receive the most benefit. If you are not able to commit due to extenuating circumstances, please email email@example.com to discuss your specific situation.
What are the expectations of StartMIT 2021 participants?
StartMIT 2021 is being reimagined for a virtual environment. Participants are expected to attend all sessions daily which will likely include:
- Networking with your peers
- Listening to speakers + participating in Q+A sessions
- Completing independent activities
- Working with a team of your choosing
We expect all participants to join a team and work on an entrepreneurial project for the duration of StartMIT. This project may or may not be something that you want to continue pursuing after StartMIT.
What can I expect to learn and who can I expect to hear from?
We will give you a crash course in entrepreneurship, including an introduction to the skill set and spirit it requires. We hope that by the end of the course you’ll have a better understanding of your desired entrepreneurial path, and also the resources available to support you in that journey at MIT and beyond.
How would past participants sum up StartMIT?
- StartMIT is a great opportunity to get rid of the inertia that holds you back from starting a start-up!
- StartMIT gave me a holistic view on entrepreneurship and made me think about potential business ideas. Every speaker and organizer was down to earth and enthusiastic about entrepreneurship. It was really nice to see such people and interact with them closely.
- A fantastic crash-course on real-world entrepreneurship led by a multitude of diverse entrepreneurial experts and practitioners.
- A rapid fire how-to intro to eship.
What is the application deadline?
11:59 pm Eastern on Sunday, November 22, 2020
When will I know if I’m accepted into the program?
Before the end of day Tuesday, December 1, 2020. Accepted students will need to confirm participation by the following Tuesday, December 8th.
StartMIT sounds awesome! Where can I apply?
Unfortunately, the application deadline for MIT fuse in Jan 2021 has passed.
I have more questions. Who can I contact?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org